1. Name and contact details of the party responsible for data processing and the Data Protection Officer
Controller: Schnittker Möllmann Partners Rechtsanwälte Steuerberater PartG mbB, Hardenbergstrasse 27, D-10623 Berlin, Germany
Telephone: +49 30 76759750
Schnittker Möllmann Partners Rechtsanwälte Steuerberater PartG mbB has appointed Dr. Patrick Schweisthal based at Siegfriedstrasse 8 in D-80803 Munich and can be contacted at email@example.com.
2. Collection and retention of personal data and nature and purpose of their use
If you opt in to receive updates from us
If you have given your explicit consent under Art. 6(1) Sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, we will use your email address to send you our legal and tax updates and event invitation. In order to sign up for updates and event alerts, you only need to provide your email address.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time, e.g. by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any update or event alert. Alternatively, please email your unsubscribe request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Disclosing information to third parties
We will not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those specified herebelow.
We will only provide your personal data to third parties in the following cases:
- if you have given your explicit consent according to Art. 6(1) Sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- if disclosure is necessary pursuant to Art. 6(1) Sentence 1 lit. f GDPR for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding protectable interest in the non-disclosure of your information,
- if disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation pursuant to Art. 6(1) Sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- where permitted by law and necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party pursuant to Art. 6(1) Sentence 1 lit. b GDPR.
4. Rights of data subjects
You have the right
- to obtain information from us pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR as to whether or not we process personal data about you. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of a right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data about you or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint, where the personal data are not collected from you, any available information as to their source, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about the details of it;
- to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal data we hold about you pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR;
- to obtain from us the erasure of personal data we hold about you pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, unless processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR where you contest the accuracy of the personal data, the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the personal data and we no longer need t the personal data but you require the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- to receive the personal data about you which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that those data be transmitted to another controller pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR;
- to withdraw any consent you have previously given to us at any time pursuant to Art. 7(3) GDPR. This means that we are not allowed to continue processing your data in the future as we did on the basis of that consent, and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can turn to the supervisory authority at your habitual residence, at your place of work or at the official domicile of our firm.
5. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6(1) Sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR on grounds relating to your particular situation or if your objection relates to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection that will be implemented by us without any particular situation having to be stated.
In order to exercise your right to object or withdraw your consent, please email email@example.com.
6. Data security
We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, which is the Internet standard for the secure transmission of data, with the highest level encryption supported by your browser. As a rule, this will be 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256 bit encryption, we use 128 bit v3 technology instead. You will know whether a particular page of our Website is transferred in encrypted form by the key or closed padlock symbol on the bottom toolbar of your browser.
Apart from that, we use appropriate technical and organisational safeguards to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continually improved as new technology becomes available.
7. Status and amendments